From health considerations to limited time, there are many reasons why a soakless service is a great option for pros.
Many clients see the pre-service foot soak as the relaxing part of a professional foot care service—especially since this step can be difficult to replicate at home. Also, at-home soaks don’t typically deliver the same results. Why? Because consumer foot soaks are often heavy on fragrance and oils that deliver temporary benefits; while the professional-grade, Footlogix® Concentrated Foot Soak
is designed to deliver long-lasting results through a pH balanced, gentle, cleansing formula with anti-microbial properties that helps soften dry, rough skin without dehydrating.
So, if a foot soak is so great, why skip it? Because there are benefits in offering a variety of options to your clients that fit their needs. Fortunately, offering clients a soakless service doesn’t mean clients must sacrifice results. In fact, with the right Footlogix® products and protocols, such as the Footlogix® Foot Cleansing Wipes,
a soakless foot service can be just as effective and relaxing as a traditional professional pedicure.
If you’re not convinced, read on to learn who can benefit from a soakless service and the Footlogix® process for delivering superior results—water-free.
A soakless pedicure is appropriate in many situations. The most obvious is when service speed is important. For instance, clients may be squeezing a pedicure appointment into their lunch hour or have a hard stop with a babysitter at home. In these cases, a soakless pedicure can be a real time saver—before and after
the service. Without a foot bath to fill, empty, clean and sanitize, technicians can be ready for their next client in no time.
Soakless services are also a great option for on-site services. This can mean clients who are unable to travel (such as geriatric patients or expecting moms on bed rest) or even wedding party “spa” days where services are provided outside of the salon. With a waterless option, a tech is able to provide services almost anywhere, without the need to transport bulky basins and towels and have access to a lot of warm water.
But the most important reason to choose a soakless pedicure is when a medical condition may dictate a waterless approach. A common example is a client who suffers from a high-risk disease like diabetes, which requires special attention to sanitation and injury avoidance. A foot bath can be a breeding ground for water-based pathogens which can be transmitted from client to client if not sanitized properly (even more so if the salon is using jetted tubs!). In addition, soaking can dry out skin, causing it to crack and potentially leading to infection—a scenario even more dangerous for diabetics who are slow to heal. Even clients who don’t suffer from a medical condition but are hyper-vigilant about sanitation may prefer a soakless service.
The Footlogix® Soakless Pedicure Technique
Footlogix® has made offering clients a soakless service easy with the Footlogix® Cleansing Wipes.
The non-fragranced, alcohol-free wipe effectively cleans and refreshes the feet prior to a service without dehydrating the skin. And after the service, a disposable wipe means quick and easy clean up. Here’s the Footlogix® method for delivering a spa-level service—even when circumstances don’t allow a foot soak.
- Cleanse each foot with a Footlogix® Cleansing wipe. One oversized wipe is sufficient for both feet and provides convenient and effective cleansing prior to a service.
- Apply a small amount of Footlogix® Cuticle Softener directly onto the cuticle and nail fold of each toe and allow to absorb for sixty seconds for easy removal of excess debris. Reapply as required.
- Spray Footlogix ® Callus Softener on the soles of the feet; liberally apply to calluses and dry skin around the toes and heels. Leave the spray on for at least two to three minutes to allow the non-aggressive formula to absorb into all the layers of the epidermis before filing the callus off.
- Start filing with the coarse side of the Footlogix® Professional Stainless Steel File to reduce calluses. Use the fine side for smoothing and finishing.
*Reapply the Callus Softener if the foot feels dry while filing or as required. The callused skin will slough off very gently, leaving the skin on the foot rejuvenated.
- Apply a walnut sized amount of a hydrating Footlogix® DD Cream Mousse to each foot and massage into the skin.
- Massage a small amount of Footlogix® Cuticle Conditioner directly onto each cuticle using a circular motion.
- Finish with a lower leg and foot massage using the the non-occlusive Footlogix® Massage Formula. Clients will love results as their skin will feel silky and soft
The soakless service technique will leave your clients’ feet looking beautiful and hydrated.