Is the Pedicure Industry changing too quickly to keep up?
People have been pedicuring their feet for more than 4000 years, but this industry began to grow since the year 2000 with significant high growth rates compared to other industries. As societies grow with changing lifestyles and demographic landscapes, the demand for pedicure services has grown and changed along with it. Nowadays there is a much greater need for pedicures with advanced training as the market continues to grow.
In an interview with Suzanne Foote, Former Executive Director with the International Pedicure Association, she said that “Manicures and pedicures have become a lifestyle, it’s not something that’s just a special occasion anymore.” Be it young professionals cleaning up to look great, the healthy elderly keeping themselves in top condition, or men embracing new grooming services, the foot care industry is growing at unprecedented levels. Here are some statistics from the nail industry that give you a perspective about the pedicure industry. Share this information with your customers and friends!
- 33% of women moisturize their feet daily
- The average age of women receiving pedicures on a regular basis is 46 years
- A person spends an average of $55 on a pedicure (excluding gratuity)
- 32% of nail salons have added new services in the past 12 months
- It takes an average of 52 minutes for a pedicure
- Pedicure as a service constitute 23% over all other spa services
trends and statistics in Pedicure Industry